Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Happy/Sad...

Well, as per usual I am just a little bit behind on my old blogging so I thought I would give everyone a bit of an update, some Christmas musing after no doubt eating too much. The last month has been a bit of a struggle. Working silly hours and having a clutch of never ending team days. Its all been pretty good experience but it has been a bit hard being so tired for so long.

I was written to the other day by a minister of a church in Leicester. I left the church due to doctrinal reasons (and I have known people leave for much less) so I though I had better write and say so.

Today's Thought...

Christmas is all about Christmas Presence. Its the thought that counts. Discuss.

P.S Happy/Sad. Song name copyright Phil Abbott 2005.

5 Comments:

At 3:34 pm, Blogger rf said...

Yey! A new post finally!

Dude, I'm struggling with Churches too. The intellectualism of churches over spiritualism and action is my main beef, i.e. It feels like there are too many ego's and not many humble peeps around...makes me sad. I can't identify with the UCCF dominant culture (no offense), and nor do I want to.

Fancy starting our own church? It'll be just like the old days of small grouping! :) I'd much rather be in a church of half a dozen peeps that I can get to know, rather than a 200 strong church of anonimity and isolation.

Word!

 
At 4:58 pm, Blogger Phil said...

Amen! It would be much simpler that way. I guess it was never meant to be easy. Hey, as soon as you find some time lets meet up and start it!

 
At 12:31 am, Blogger Hannah said...

on the christmas presence line...
i stole this line from somewhere else, but i love it! i think it says christmas well:

a beautiful absence, ever present.

 
At 10:17 pm, Anonymous James Allaway said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 10:36 pm, Blogger Phil said...

Wow! Thats the longest post ever. Oh James, If you were here now I would be biting your ears off for hours over all this. Ho hum, guess I will have to sort it out with somebody else who understands me a little. As soon as I find that person I will let you know.

God Bless.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home