Friday, October 28, 2005

Candles Burning Low...

Maybe a more appropriate title would be burning the candle at both ends. I have finally finished my video today, and when I build up enough enthusiasm I will get round to putting it on my website for all to see. Today has been a well emotional day too as my mentor for my three University years is off to New Zealand and today was his last day in the office.

Its wired. He takes with him a load of stuff I have never told anyone else about my life and he is largely responsible for many major decisions that have shaped my life in the last three years. I am not ashamed to say I shed a tear or two and that brought me to a rather John Cusack, High Fidelity-esque list of last 5 times that I cried.

1. James Allaway leaving the office.
2. My House falling through in the summer and thinking I would have no-where to live, coupled with the most awesome dream I had the night before.
3. Emma and Gavins wedding, in the car on the way home. That was the last time my group of University friends were all planned to meet up and heralded the end student life.
4. Leaving my house in Jarrom Street, my University house in Leicester - wine and hug induced.
5. UCCF Relay interview - I was certain I screwed it up and thought I was an awful Christian because of it!

Gotta go more on Monday or Tuesday...

1 Comments:

At 10:14 am, Blogger James Allaway said...

I think I have cried more in the last two weeks (due to having to say goodbye to many close friends as I prepare to go to NZ in January) than I have in the last two years!

It is a tad odd that I am sitting at your computer in your office writing this whilst you are on team days (I can see me reflection in the monitor and since I had my wisdom tooth removed yesterday half my face looks like Marlon Brando from the Godfather - who needs marshmellows to do "are you disrespecting me"?).

Having rambled on a bit (and my pain killers are making me feel a little light-headed) I have to be honest and say that I am not quite sure what to say except thank you, it was great seeing your year through from freshers to graduates, and that meeting up with you over the last few years has been one of the highlights of my time as web staffworker. It has been wonderful meeting with someone who is willing to grapple with what it means to live as a Christian and our discussions have often challenged me to think or act differently. I am confident that you will be stretched and grown in your faith (and that may not always be a pleasant experience - it certainly hasn't always been for me) as you take part in the relay program and will be praying that you will continue to grow in your faith til the end of things.

If you find yourself at a loose end after Relay there is lots to do in New Zealand...

Oh and High Fedility is a great book/film!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home