Saturday, September 10, 2005

Just when you thought it was safe...

Its been a while, since I could say, I updated my blog. That joke is getting a bit staid! As you can tell I feel in a slightly better mood since I left on my 3 weeks of travel, so you're gonna have to put up with similar humor throughout the year.

Where shall I begin. Took a madcap trip to Wales for 9 days to work with a bunch of 15-18 year olds on a youth camp, the emphasis being very much on camping. I had a great time and I felt most useful and valuable in the bible bits, meeting with a small group of 15-16 year old lads. It was good to have a positive influence on their Christian lives and I think they appreciated my ramblings. I learnt a lot from them too about the pressures of life around us. Its good for your minors to put things in perspective for you.

After a coach ride and a dash across the Welsh border I arrived (smelly and tired) to relay 1 training. I have to say I was pleasantly surprised to find a bunch of quite real people, and not a bunch of UCCF clones! I felt exceptionally comfortable with 'the guys' very quickly and it was simple to be honest and open with them - apparently I am not very good at that so I felt like it was a step forward.

The teaching was great and we had lots of time for prayer and reflection on the coming year. I am a whole lot more positive about the whole thing now and working with so many genius people should be a very humbling experience.

Thought for Today...
What does the word Potentate mean(and somebody could also explain ineffably sublime)?

4 Comments:

At 11:09 am, Blogger eddyammons6013 said...

i thought your blog was cool and i think you may like this cool Website. now just Click Here

 
At 6:47 pm, Blogger thebluefish said...

hi phil,

have a gr8 time in the office.

cya in jan.

dave

 
At 10:31 am, Blogger rf said...

Hey dude!

About time you updated! Glad you had good summer. Fancy meeting up one day for a beverage / Gateway toastie sandwiche??

 
At 5:16 pm, Blogger Hannah said...

Ineffable:
Incapable of being expressed; indescribable or unutterable

Sublime:
Of high spiritual, moral, or intellectual worth.
Not to be excelled; supreme.
Inspiring awe; impressive.

:D Han

 

Post a Comment

<< Home