Saturday, August 13, 2005

...Please don't take a picture.

Today is not so great. Its hit me like a ton of bricks that I only have a couple of days left of Berkhamsted, easy, quiet, idyllic life left and soon I will be thrust into a rat race that I don't really want to be part of. I am not entirely sure that this is the way forward but I signed my name a couple of times and here I am.

I think uncertainty is probably a good thing - it makes you try harder to carve out a niche for yourself somewhere else, a new place to call home. However strange the next few months are I know that some people think what I am doing is a really good thing, so I guess that will spur me on, but its all a lifetime away from the real world. I think that's what I long for, to fit in the real world somewhere and actually do some good, somehow.

Don't know what brought this on really a word here, a conversation there. The answer to last posts thought was spot on - see rach's comment - Love, Faith, Hope. I love those words, especially hope - I hope for everything. I never get through a text without writing that word.

Today's Thought
Wisdom is Power - where is the wise man, where is the scholar?

6 Comments:

At 6:53 pm, Blogger Rach said...

Ah Phil we are kindered spirits. Do not fear for all things come to those who wait (Guiness says so!). A year out is a scary deal, but trust me, it will make you a stronger person in the long run. I've been there, got the T-shirt (well a badge) and you DO have friends around you for support :)

 
At 1:29 am, Blogger Webmonkey Jon said...

Man, i can safely say that a job do you good. You're only a little lad in the world. Not even a quarter of a century old ! Plenty of time to get done everything God wants from you, and what you want to be done.

Consider HERE As food for thought.

Hmm, wonder if this thing can do HTML tags? Anywho...

Rach... You're awsome. Love you loads.. But please please spell the drink of kings right!
Guinness!

Huzzah's over.
Me.

 
At 2:31 pm, Blogger Rach said...

Yeah well I'm a Tee-totaller so eat my shorts!!!! :)

 
At 8:11 am, Blogger rf said...

Easy playa!

You've got my support. If you ever wanna meet up and chat, just give me a bell, and I'll buy you a beer.

I hate the christian franchise, but the wrist band with F.R.O.G on it might remind you why on Earth you're doing what you're doing.

Keep the Faith brother. Will be praying for you.

Rich.

 
At 8:23 pm, Blogger Webmonkey Jon said...

Shorts eaten, digested, and flushed away as poo. I feel humbled, and ashamed.. :-(

Forgive me?

 
At 3:10 pm, Blogger Rach said...

How is the new job going mate?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home