Thursday, July 21, 2005

Welcome, We are all friends here.

Yesterday I graduated. What is supposed to be the pinnacle of academic achievement, the celebration of the labor and toil of the last three years of existence was reduced and condensed into a couple of hours of jubilant pomp and ceremony. Personally, I would have preferred to have a mutually edifying screaming competition (depending on degree classification of course)fused together with a this is your life (abridged), omitting every bad thing you have ever done and just including the warm fuzzy stuff in your life. Obviously I would have been happy for my 15 seconds of fame. I think I should mention now I seem to have misplaced some of my humility.

Maybe I will get the hang of this blogging thing today. Apologies for my overly negative overtones in advance. I can't avoid them rearing their ugly heads when I write.

Today's thought:
72 people were killed in Iraq recently after a suicide bomber blew himself up next to a petrol tanker. How does that live in your brain?

P.S Knowledge is not power. More later.

3 Comments:

At 10:11 am, Blogger rf said...

Hurrah!! Loving the blog dude! Keep it up!

 
At 4:01 pm, Blogger Rach said...

Hello Phil!!

Nice to see you've joined the blog squad! What did you get in your degree?

xx

 
At 12:53 pm, Blogger *Butterz* said...

hey there, my name is Cindy... im from a stupid small town in Victoria, Australia... i was just checkin out some blogs and i came across yours, just thought id drop in and say hi... if u get bored feel free 2 go onto my blog and leave a comment... it mainly consists of poetry that iv written or song lyrics that i like and also just general pointless stuff, unlike your blog that has such meaning and such hmmmmmm how do i put it... a reason?!?!?!?
anyways i must be off.... much luv

 

Post a Comment

<< Home